10 Things I Love about Fall!
Fall is finally in the air! After summer heat that never seemed to end, we finally got a cool day yesterday in the high 50’s/low 60’s and the trees are starting to really show their beautiful fall colors! I could not be happier! Fall is my favorite season. I like it better than Spring, Summer, and (of course!) Winter! There is something so refreshing to me about the cooler temperatures, the change of the colors on the trees, and all the Fall things that go along with it! I decided to put together a list of my top 10 favorite things about Fall!
- Cooler temps! – As much as I enjoy summer, the hot temperatures get old after a while and I am always happy to welcome the cooler weather that Fall brings! Especially this year since I am 9 months pregnant, this girl can’t handle the heat anymore! There is nothing better than going for a walk outside in a light jacket when the temperatures are in the low 60’s!
- Beautiful trees – To me, there is something about the beauty of the trees in the Fall that just doesn’t compare to the other seasons. Also, the fact that they don’t stay this way very long always reminds me to be in the present moment because the season is so fleeting. If you don’t take a moment to enjoy the pretty colors, you could miss them completely!
- Pumpkin EVERYTHING – I love pumpkin. Pumpkin candles, coffee, pie, PSL, and everything in between! Not to mention pumpkin picking, painting, carving, toasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin yogurt, pumpkin ice cream. I could go on and on. Yes, I’m one of those people that goes crazy over pumpkin in the Fall! 🙂
- Sweaters and boots! – Ahhh yes. When I can finally get out my cozy sweaters and my fall boots, I am so happy! It’s a great time to switch up the wardrobe and I love the cozy feeling of wearing my favorite fall classics again!
- Football season! – I went to Penn State and I had season tickets 5 years in a row, so Fall is always a bit nostalgic remembering some of my favorite college memories at the football games! I still love watching the games while cuddled up on the couch with a blanket and some of my favorite tailgate foods!
- Back to school season – Okay, I know I haven’t been in school for almost 10 years (what?!), but there is something about “Back to School” season that gets me really excited every year. Maybe it is the memories of anticipating a new school year with new friends and new beginnings, or going to the store to pick out some new back to school outfits, or the fact that school supplies are on major sale (which I still take advantage of!). Something about back to school season reminds me of fresh starts!
- Visiting farms – One of my favorite Fall activities! Apple cider, pumpkin picking, donuts, hay rides, apple picking! I definitely want to make this a yearly family tradition once our baby arrives!
- Fall runs and races are the best! – Fall is my favorite season to run (or walk!). The temperatures are just right, the scenery is on point. I ran my first half marathon in the Fall. After a long training season in the Summer, it is great to look forward to a race in the Fall!
- The holidays are coming soon! – So many great holidays are on the horizon – Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years! I love the anticipation, the decor, the parties and family time, and getting in the holiday spirit!
- My baby’s birthday will be in the Fall! – A personal favorite reason why I love Fall is because I get to meet my baby in the Fall! He is due in less than 2 weeks! I will always love this season because of the fact that we will get to celebrate his birthday and this will be a brand new reason to love Fall on top of all the other reasons!
What’s your favorite season?
What do you like the most about Fall?
Any fun Fall plans or ideas of fun Fall activities?